At Home ōf Makers, your privacy is of utmost importance to us.
This policy is for the website www.homeofmakers.co.uk and along with our Terms & Conditions, describes and informs you of how we use any personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us. Please ensure that you read this policy in order that you are fully informed about our practices regarding your personal data and its use. It explains how we comply we GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data control is Home ōf Makers 3 Shalford Rd, Solihull, B92 7NE.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Lauren Sanders.
2.0 Your Data
HōM may collect the following information about you:
- Any information that you provide when filling in any forms on our site: www.homeofmakers.co.uk including registration details, registering to subscribe to our service, posting jobs or information to the site, or any requests for services that you are through the site. We may also request information if you report a problem with the site or if you enter any promotion on the site.
- Details of transactions that are carried out through the site and information related to the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your activity on our site. This may include but in not exclusive to: traffic data, location data, weblogs, resources accessed by you, and communication data. This may also include billing data for our own purposes.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence between you and us
- We may keep a record of any information that you provide with regards to surveys that we ask you to fill in. You are of course not obliged to to respond to such surveys.
3.0 IP address
We may collect information about your computer or device including, where available, your IP address, operating system(s), and browser type(s). This is for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This information will not be used to identify any individual. It will be used to provide statistical information about users’ browsing actions and patterns.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use of the use and saving of cookies from this website on their computers hard drive they should take all necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website or use the cookie control system if available on their first visit.
5.0 Storage of your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where you are either given or have chosen a password that enables you access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for your own password confidentiality. You are asked to keep your password to yourself.
At HōM we will do our utmost to protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee the security of your information submitted to the site. The transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure and any information you submit is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to make every effort to prevent unauthorised access to your data.
6.0. How information is used
The information about you that we hold is used in the following ways:
- To ensure that we can present the information on our site in the most effective format for our users and the devices on which they log on.
- To provide you with information, services or products that you request directly from us, or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have given us consent to do so.
- To carry out any obligations that arise from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you of any changes to our services
- We may use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these
For existing customers, we will only contact you electronically through e-mail or SMS. We will not pass your information on to third parties for them to contact you about their products or services.
7.0. Disclosure of your Information
We use Paypal to process all payments through the website. Details about how they handle your data is available here: http://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev
General details excluding information provided in the payment process:
Home ōf Makers may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2016.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets.
- If Home of Makers Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Home of Makers, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8.0 Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media policy to ensure our business conducts itself accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on Social Media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly rom web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that by doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.
9.0 External Website Links and Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any eternal web links mentioned throughout this website (this includes any clickable text or image links to other websites, or links to makers’ own websites).
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note that they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned. If you follow a link to these sites, we advise that you check their privacy policies prior to submitting any data to the site.
10.0 Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us on our contact page.
11.0 Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information that is held about you. As such you can exercise your right to request information held about you at any point. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10GBP in order to meet our admin costs in providing you with the information we hold about you.
All users have the right to be forgotten after they have registered with us. This involves requesting that your account is deleted. You can request that your account is deleted by emailing us or completing the form on our Contacts page. Requests will normally be actioned within 24 hours and once fulfilled, this cannot be reversed.
Alternatively, as a registered user you can suspend your profile. To do so, please visit your own dashboard and click to remove your profile. This will remove your profile or project details from our website.
As a user, through your dashboard, you are also able to amend or delete any data entry on your profile.
12.0 Changes to this Policy
All changes made to this policy will be made on this page. Where appropriate, you will be notified of changes through email.